G U E S T B O O K Q U I L T S
Instead of a book, your guests can sign in and leave you a message on a functional, cozy, keepsake quilt, with natural ingredients, handmade in America.
This option features a larger center block with your name or preferred message. All other squares are smaller.
C H O O S E Y O U R O W N F A B R I C S
Fabrics are completely customizable by you. Choose fabrics from any you see in my shop or browse for fabrics at Meander + Make. Leave me a note in the box with your choices (names will suffice). Please choose 10 different fabrics. If you need help choosing your fabrics, please purchase your quilt and then message me for help.
S I Z E & S Q U A R E O P T I O N S
I have several options for this quilt where you can adjust the number of blocks to accommodate your needs. Before adding this item to your cart, choose the option you prefer.
Option 1 - 60 squares - finished size approx. 48x48" + large center square with your details
Option 2 - 96 squares - finished size approx. 60x60" + large center square with your details
Option 3 - 116 squares- finished size approx. 60x72" + large center square with your details
Option 4 - 164 squares - finished size approx. 72x84" + large center square with your details
Option 5 - 220 squares - finished size approx. 84x96" + large center square with your details
Option 6 - 252 squares - finished size approx. 96x96" + large center square with your details
There is an option in the dropdown to add a message to your quilt. See images for visual.
If you choose to add this to your quilt, leave a note at checkout with details of what you'd like it to say. You will be sent a proof before it is made. I will not create the message block until you approve. PLEASE NOTE that your message block will be the exact same size as all other blocks in your quilt.
Your guest book quilt comes with 2 fabric markers, if you need additional markers you can find them here.
H O W T O P R O C E E D
1. Purchase quilt OR pick out fabrics and then purchase quilt
2. I will then send you the squares for the quilt
3. Your guests will sign blocks and then you will return fabric squares to me (at your expense)
4. I will then make your quilt with blocks
Please allow 2-3 weeks for me to get the fabric squares to you. See shop announcement for current production time for finished quilts (you are put on the schedule when squares are returned).
I N G R E D I E N T S
top layer- designer cotton fabric
middle layer- all-natural, long staple pure virgin cotton batting
bottom layer- designer cotton fabric
H O W I T S M A D E
All my items are made one at a time on a small scale. You are truly purchasing a handmade item.
Top layer of quilt is quilted to cotton batting and cotton backing. Secured with binding.
S P E C I A L N O T E S
Please do not:
alter these blocks in any way except writing on them with a fabric marker
paint on them
spray a substance to the back of them
iron on to them
sew on them
embroider on them
glue items on to them
If the blocks have been altered I will charge a fee for having to work around this of $25. I am very sorry about this, but I've had someone do each of these things above and it just creates stress and mistakes that cannot be helped.
T I M E L I N E
IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A GUEST BOOK QUILT and never returned your quilt squares for me to complete your quilt I will give you up to three years to do so. After three years, I will not complete the order nor refund and will consider the order completed.
A F E W T H I N G S T O R E M E M B E R
- It is your responsibilty to return all blocks once they've been signed by your guest. If there are blocks missing, then you will have to purchase additional blocks.
- I need at least a half inch border all around each block for sewing purposes. If guest sign in border then some of their words may or may not be cut off.
- Make sure your guests are signing blocks correctly. If blocks are turned upside down or inside out there is nothing I can do to fix that. I will still used them.
- It is your responsibility to be sure that guests are signing with a FABRIC marker. Occasionally, they will use their own pens (something hard to control). Please note that anything other than a fabric marker will smudge. Fabric markers DO NOT smudge after being washed.
For more thorough details on purchasing a guest book quilt, please visit this page.
C A R E
Machine wash and dry.
N E E D H E L P C H O O S I N G F A B R I C S ?
I wrote a post on the easiest way to choose fabrics for your custom quilt here.
Also, if you prefer to send me the link to your public pinterest board of your fabric choices instead of listing them at checkout that would be perfect, and easier for both of us.
I D E A S T O D I S P L A Y Y O U R B L O C K S A T Y O U R W E D D I N G